SR PCB DESIGNER NEEDED!
The person in this role will be involved in all aspects of Printed Circuit Board design, from concept planning through release for high-volume manufacturing, using Cadence Allegro tool suite and PTC Windchill PLM system to develop and manage PCBA designs. Interfaces with electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, and test engineers, as well as circuit board fabricators and contract manufacturers, to resolve issues as needed to ensure manufacturability of printed circuit designs. Collaborate with other ECAD team members to ensure compliance with established industry standards and best practices.
• Advanced multilayer PCB design and layout with Cadence Allegro PCB Editor v17.x, utilizing Constraint Manager to ensure designs meet performance requirements.
• Work with design engineers, circuit board fabricators, and contract manufacturing teams to address issues and optimize layouts for performance, costs, and manufacturability.
• Provide layout direction and assistance to other PCB Designers as needed.
• Ensure generation of detailed and accurate documentation for complex printed circuit boards conforming to applicable IPC standards.
• Conduct and participate in design reviews related to circuit boards.
• Set schedule milestones in conjunction with development teams.
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures, work instructions, and training materials.
• Minimum Associate’s Degree in Electronics; Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 6 years of hands-on PCB design and layout experience.
• Demonstrated experience with High-density interconnect (HDI), high speed digital, controlled impedance traces, RF transmission lines, PCB material and stackup, EMI techniques, power supplies, etc., for multi-layer printed circuit boards.
• Thorough understanding of IPC standards and PCB industry best practices.
• IPC CID/CID+ Certification.
• Technical understanding of PCB fabrication and printed circuit assembly processes.
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to take charge and drive tasks to completion.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional organization.
• Knowledge of Cadence Allegro Pulse Platform and EDM Solution operation and administration.
• Experience with PTC Windchill PLM system operation.
• Familiarity with PTC Creo Parametric 3D CAD system.
WONDERFUL COMPANY, COMPETITIVE STARTING SALARY + BENEFITS!