Our client is seeking skilled Estimators to provide detailed, accurate bid packages for a wide range of government, public and private small to mid-size security glazing projects. The candidate should be a talented individual with the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team.
Education & Experience:
– Candidates should have minimum 2 years’ experience with aluminum & glass curtain wall, storefront, windows, doors, entrances, architectural metal, or division 8 work.
– Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Preference to BS in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Building Science OR Associate Degree in Mechanical Design, Drafting Technology.
– Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare material cost and labor estimate for projects selected for bidding.
– Prepare detailed takeoff from physical or on-screen documents to identify, quantify and highlight all selected security glass and glazing scope.
– Obtain accurate market pricing for materials, freight and any subcontractor pricing required.
– Prepare detailed estimate and cost analysis for security windows, doors, storefront, storefront doors, and related scope.
– Prepare cover letters and bid proposal, including the scope, price breakdown, clarifications, and exclusions to the bidding effort.
– Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence, and other project specific information.
– Track and maintain bid/proposal log, follow-up on estimates and provide feedback concerning market pricing levels. Achieve acceptable sales and margin levels.
– Manage the project transition from estimating to the project managers outlining key opportunities or challenges unique to the project.
– Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong organization, cooperative attitude, and keen attention to follow-up. Intermediate level in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive base salary and a generous benefit package including health plans, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), sick pay, paid vacation, and company holidays.