PRODUCT DESIGNER Opening!
MONTGOMERY, AL AREA
JOB SUMMARY: Designs and generates drawings of metal fabricated products including adapter curbs, drop box diffusers, roof curbs, etc. Determines product specifications are met, performs customer verification approvals and product database management. Implements standard operating procedures for design department.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE Needed:
–Associate’s degree in industrial design or equivalent experience required
–3 years drafting experience preferably in metal or steel fabrication
SKILLS / ABILITIES NEEDED:
–Drafting and design skills with sheet metal products
–Ability to interpret mechanical and architectural drawings
–Proficient computer skills, including Auto CAD, Solid Works, Windows, Word, Excel, internet and email
–Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
–High attention to detail and results driven
–Able to work with limited supervision
–Results oriented while maintaining attention to detail
–Ability and willingness to learn
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work directly with sales staff and customers to produce drawings from sketches, blueprints, and existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions.
2. Work closely with all departments in the plant to ensure that drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
3. Utilizes drafting resources to create new tools to more efficiently carry out above mentioned task; includes hardware and software design.
4. Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawing or specification. Use corporate drawing standards as guidelines.
5. Perform additional related duties as requested or required.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive starting salary + 401K, Vacation, Holidays, BCBS, etc.
GREAT BUSINESS WITH COMPETITIVE STARTING SALARY + GREAT BENEFITS!