DIRECTOR OF EVENTS
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Events is an exempt salary position responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and promoting of events that further the strategic mission. This position is responsible for managing event expenses and budget projections and managing all event logistics, sponsorships, and volunteers in coordination with specific company staff.
- Provides strategic direction for the company’s full event calendar and is responsible for the implementation of these events.
- Supports the development of event plans and budgets, designed to achieve growth over previous years and event profitability, reporting to the VP of Investor Relations.
- Accountable for monthly tracking and reporting on revenue and expenses, event sales, event services, event campaign, event performance and event profitability, while also maintaining a high level of sponsor, attendee, and team satisfaction.
- Oversees the management of sponsorships. Responsible for solicitation of sponsors, record keeping, tracking, and follow-up with event sponsors, as well as managing sponsor recognition during the event itself. Coordinates with the accounting department to monitor the status and facilitation of sponsorship payments.
- Coordinates and manages all marketing and public awareness efforts for events in close coordination with the company’s communications team and other relevant departments, following brand guidelines and adhering to the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Works collaboratively with relevant company staff to recruit and train volunteers, as appropriate, for certain special events.
- Works with VP for Investor Relations, relevant company staff, as well as volunteers to nurture and cultivate event sponsors and speakers.
- Supports the VP for Investor Relations in the evaluation of effectiveness of events and conducts post-event wrap up and evaluation meetings with relevant company staff, including the company communications team and staff from other relevant departments.
- Works with the VP for Investor Relations to plan and conduct the company’s campaign.
- Coordinates across other company departments to solicit subject matter expertise and strategic direction with regards to event planning.
- Works directly with VP for Investor Relations to manage any special invitations or stakeholder involvement/attendance at events.
- Coordinates with Executive Assistant to the President & CEO to manage scheduling and any required participation by the President & CEO.
- Ensures that relevant company staff are aware of upcoming events and any necessary staff involvement or required attendance.
- Coordinates all event support and logistics. Events may be virtual, in-person, and/or off-site and could range from conference-style events to smaller receptions, golf tournaments, and informational webinars.
- Responsible for tracking event-related data and information and inputting relevant data into company databases, and responsible for generating certain reports, as requested.
- Specific event-related tasks include:
- Developing comprehensive plans and timelines for events;
- Conducting post‐event debriefings to evaluate successful elements and challenges
- encountered, and incorporating that information into the planning and execution of subsequent events;
- Overseeing the production of events, including content development, venue selection and site visits, collateral materials, data management, RSVP management, catering, volunteer coordination, and event‐day logistics;
- Maintaining event budgets and handling relevant expenses.
- Preparing budgets and periodic progress reports for the VP for Investor Relations and other relevant staff;
- Leading all event related meetings and ensuring proper communication with volunteers and staff regarding event goals, responsibilities and follow‐up;
- Developing and maintaining high professional standards and procedures for production of events;
- Maintaining exemplary relationships with event vendors while identifying appropriate new business relationships; and
- Negotiating vendor contracts within strict budgetary parameters.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3-5 years of fundraising/special event experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, high level donors, and staff.
- Innate ability to work steadily and calmly in high pressure situations
- Strong attention to detail.
- Technology proficiency. This position requires a familiarity and high proficiency level with virtual meeting and conference calling platforms, with a specific emphasis on Microsoft Teams and Zoom; word processing and design platforms such as the Office365 suite of applications and Adobe; familiarity and proficiency with organizational databases; and must demonstrate a general aptitude for finding, in conjunction with the Vice President for Administration, as necessary, technical solutions that may be needed to adequately support the events under this position’s area of responsibility.
- Relationship-minded. The company is about partnerships and collaborating across a number of constituencies to move Montgomery forward. This position must focus on relationships first, whether collaborating internally with company staff or conducting outreach to event participants, sponsors, or vendors.
- Anticipatory mindset. Initiative, follow through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions; including appropriate people in decision-making process and ensuring timely decisions are made. This position requires a forward-looking approach that makes it possible to anticipate both opportunities and problems and to work solutions ahead of time in a manner that results in the best possible outcomes for the organization, exemplifying one of the Company’s Core Values – “Leave nothing to chance!”
- Travel to meetings and events as necessary
- Work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations
- Some heavy lifting may be required not to exceed 25 pounds
GREAT COMPANY, COMPETITIVE STARTING SALARY + BENEFITS!!