ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up and operate CNC lathes
- Make edits to programs if required.
- Work closely with CNC programmers to optimize CNC programs.
- Assist and mentor CNC operators.
- Work closely with machine shop manager and engineering to design and manufacture tooling and special fixtures.
- Following inspection plans to inspect parts
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Troubleshoot and repair tooling as required
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience setting up and operating CNC lathes.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience setting up and operating advanced multi axis lathes with sub spindles and live tooling.
- Fanuc control experience required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Mastercam preferred
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: N/A
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
GREAT COMPANY, COMPETITIVE STARTING SALARY + BENEFITS!