Adjusts workers’ comp claims including but not limited to administration and resolution of all claims assigned; performing tasks in accordance with company policies, insurance coverage, laws, rules, regulations and best practices.
• Advanced knowledge of insurance and claims management.
• Independent decision-making skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Adjuster certification in Alabama required.
• Related experience required.
• Manages medical only and/or lost time claims including litigated claims.
• Investigates claims for compensability.
• Directs medical care.
• Reviews bills to confirm they are related to specific claim.
• Monitors medical bills for timely payment.
• Pays indemnity benefits as required and in a timely manner.
• Recommends legal counsel.
• Recommends, sets, and monitors reserves of all claims assigned.
• Maintains claims records, notes, and recorded statements from initial assignment to conclusion of claims assigned.
• Negotiates settlements within authorities.
• Provides claims management to conclude all claims in a timely manner.
• Performs other essential functions as assigned.
GREAT company, competitive starting salary + benefits!!