Provides support to the Underwriting Department including but not limited to processing policies and endorsements; reviewing submissions, underwriting and quoting as assigned by Underwriters; assisting Underwriters in efforts to write and maintain accounts; acting within laws, rules, regulations, carrier guidelines, company policies, and best practices.
• Intermediate knowledge of insurance.
• Capability to make decisions regarding carrier placement/appetite.
• Ability to take direction from others and ability to work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• At least 4 years of experience working in the insurance industry.
• Reviews submissions for completion and enters into carriers’ management systems.
• Requests documentation from and follows up with agents.
• Processes binders and policies requested by retail agents.
• Helps agents with problems on accounts.
• Supports positive relationships with agents by providing good customer service.
• Maintains files according to company policies and procedures.
• Prepares policy changes, amendments/endorsements, and cancellations as directed by insureds and/or underwriters.
• Assists underwriters as requested.
• Uses judgment and independent working skills to accomplish departmental objectives.
• Performs other essential functions as assigned.
GREAT COMPANY, competitive starting salary + benefits!!