QUALITY SPECIALIST Needed!!
KNOW SOMEONE QUALIFIED?
• Associates Degree is required, Bachelor of Science in Food Science or related field is preferred OR a minimum of 3-5 years in food processing with 1+ years’ experience in Quality Control.
• Experience in Federal and State Food Safety Regulations.
• Experience with SQF and validating changes to food safety and defense programs.
• Ability to take initiative to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
• Strong oral and written skills required.
• Periodic lifting of up to 40lbs, pushing and pulling on occasion, climbing ladders up to 30 feet. Must be okay with heights.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Other info:
• Reports directly to the Director of Innovation, Quality, and R&D.
• 45-day probationary period is required.
• Shift Hours may vary between 1st shift and a Split Shift
Essential Job Functions:
• Serves as a contact for all Quality, Food Safety, Co-Manufacturing and Regulatory issues.
• Conducts activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Assists in development and implementation of company and regulatory quality standards in the manufacturing facility.
• Maintains and ensures compliance of a qualified HACCP program. • Works to ensure the effectiveness of the Master Sanitation and Pest Control programs for the facility and any associated food grade storage areas.
• Collects and Analyzes QA data from manufacturing processes to measure, access, control and improve product quality performance. • Communicates compliance results to the Quality Manager and any operating groups.
• Utilizes customer and consumer complaint data to identify root cause, then communicates and provides support to implement process/product improvements.
• Works with the Quality Manager to determine the disposition of all raw materials, packaging, and finished product HOLD orders.
• Helps maintain a Quality and Product Safety System that consistently meets regulatory, customer, and third-party audit requirements.
• Function as a trained internal auditor.
• Assist with training employees on food safety, food quality, company processes, and Good Manufacturing Practices
• Ability to suggest actions to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
• Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
• Helps control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
• Assist with research and development for improvement of existing and new products.
• Inform Management of ANY Food Safety or Quality issues or of any processes, which become non-compliant with specified requirements.
• Assists or owns other tasks as assigned by management.
GREAT COMPANY, STARTING SALARY AND BENEFITS!!