NEW! Baldwin County! URGENT NEED for a DESIGN ENGINEER!
The Design Engineer develops and provides technical expertise for the rotary product.
• Design of the rotary and system components, such as the inlet filter, oil separator, oil cooler, after-cooler, air or gas piping system, oil piping system and related pneumatic and fluid dynamic controls etc. This design shall include the related heat balance analysis, fluid dynamic analysis, strength analysis and any other necessary analysis.
• Work with Purchasing and suppliers to specify and select any required mechanical component
• Understand the engineering economics and conduct the efficiency, cost and reliability analysis
• Apply the theory of rotary systems and develop the experience and knowledge to support the applications and the productions
• Complete the Bill of Materials for systems and canopies
• Actively involve the product innovation team and communicate any necessary information from the end users for the purpose of the product innovation
• Complete any mechanical engineering related tasks assigned by his or her supervisor
• Prepare the technical literature necessary for the release of product documentation such as the instruction manual, spare part book, service diagrams, etc…
• Prepare the technical instructions for production assembly and field service maintenance operations
• Define test requirements and review results from laboratory tests
• Assist the Quality Department in the field quality resolution process
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Thermal or Electro-mechanical engineering required
• 5-7 years of experience in rotary equipment or similar industry highly preferred Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mechanics of materials, fabrication processes, sound and vibration principles.
• Knowledge and/or experience in rotating machinery
• Knowledge and/or experience in assembly methods
• Strong technical ability
• Good communication skills
• Must be creative, innovative, cost driven, have good hands-on practical mechanical skills and a team player Physical Demands:
• Required to be able to move about the facility (standing, walking). Work Environment: • Mainly an office environment, with some exposure to a plant environment.
Great company, competitive starting pay + benefits! Please apply today!